Travel Planning Competition Terms

Hampshire County Council collects information about you to deliver travel planning competitions in Hampshire schools and early years settings. We will use the information (i) to enter you, your school or your child into the relevant competition (ii)  to contact if you, your school or your child is a winner or runner-up in a competition (iii) to contact you about a service that you have requested further information on (iv) if there is a safeguarding matter that we become aware of highlighted in the survey forms, we will need to share this with the Headteacher for them to action, where appropriate. 

The legal basis for our use of this information is where there is consent from the data subject for the purpose for which we are processing.

We may share your personal information with organisations named in the survey/form or where the prize is to be given by another agency, we will provide them with your details if you are a winning or runner-up entry. We will keep your personal information for up to five years plus the current year, after which it will be deleted or destroyed. For promotional purposes, if you, your school or your child win or are a runner-up in a competition, we will use the entry to publicise the winners and runners-up on our website, social media channels and in our newsletter. If your child wins our annual drawing competition, we will also use the drawing in the ‘How could you travel to school?’ booklet the following year to promote the competition. In the case of a child competition winner or runner-up, we will only use their first name, year group and the name of their school. If you wish to withdraw your entry from the competition, please send an email to

You have some legal rights in respect of the personal information we collect from you.  Please see our website Data Protection page for further details. You can contact the County Council’s Data Protection Officer at  

If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at